Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Poetic Inquiry

My previous big question:

Why is there so much poverty in this world? Why don't we seriously help those in serious need more? Do we not care enough, or too focused on our own lives to worry about anybody else's? Also the thought of the universe going on and on forever bothers me, how does it simply go on and on forever? I just can't seem to comprehend that.

How is it that some of the worst things happen to the best people? I can't understand why and it breaks my heart. Also when am I going to finally get to meet Justin Bieber? (Don't hate! lol)


A Sonnet on Life
These are days of tumultuous struggle and painstaking agony

These are mornings where heartbeats are rhythmic daggers stabbing me

These are nights of tears, wondering, doubt, heartbreak and regret.

This is life, and I relish in the fact that is hasn’t ended yet.

Though pages in my personal existence volume are still being written

Though I ponder the epistemological nature of my metaphysics

Though I know now that I really know not a thing and never did,

I believe life must continue, whether or not I want to live it.

And it goes on for us all, whether we choose to live or die

And there’s only today to live, that we all should recognize

And life itself is precious; seize the day, forget regret;

And relish in the fact that life still hasn’t ended yet.

These are days of life; they last but for so short a time

So let’s relish in the fact you and I are still alive.

Author unknown

I chose this sonnet because it reminds me that as tough as life can get and even though bad things happen to good people we can't live in worry and fear we simply must live each day to the fullest and realize how precious life is.


No comments:

Post a Comment