Tuesday, August 20, 2013

REFLECTIONS ON WEEK 1

1.There are not any factors that I for see being an interference with my participation and experience in this class, I have an iphone, a computer, transportation, the only time that might ever interfere is my busy schedule with gymnastics, but I always try to put school first and I always will try and find a way to work with my schedule.

2. Well the learning experience that forever changed me was going to Uganda this past summer and getting to go to high school for a day there. I was able to see how eager these kids were to learn and they had to sit in the smallest desks pact with tons of other kids and not much school supplies, but none of this mattered because they were just so grateful to be in school at all. I realized that I shouldn't take my education for granted because I am so lucky to have the opportunity to get to go to school for free where there are kids in Uganda who can't afford to go to school and would do anything to be able to receive an education like I am, I am now so much thankful to be able to go to school everyday.

3. I'm most excited about being able to be a known individual through my work in this class and being able to work with one another as a class. I'm most nervous about the vocab tests as they are definitely not my strong point, but I am trying my best to make it one. I'm looking forward to learning how to voice my own opinions through my work and this is a really important thing for me to learn because this is a huge deal because I'm learning how to show people who I am as a person instead of just blending in with the crowd, I want to be known for who I am and show people that through my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment