Wednesday, February 12, 2014

HAFTA/WANNA

I think that high school and college are two completely different places in life. I feel that I will be doing a lot of growing up when college starts because it is so much more independent based compared to being in high school. In high school you constantly have teachers reminding you to study, requiring that you take notes from the power point, when in college this is all on you and and you must stay on top of yourself and your work. Having said that we have learned to have to keep up with work in high school, especially myself when I began taking AP classes which require similar independence of that in college. So in many ways I feel prepared for college. I think that it's definitely going to take some time to adjust to not having someone there to stay in too of myself and that it definitely doesn't just magically happen the day you graduate. I think the key balance will be putting my school priorities first before anything else, because I think so many people in their first year of college get overwhelmed because they don't put their college education first and worry too much about the "college experience" (partying). I expect there to be challenges I am going to be facing in college, but I am looking forward to being able to work towards my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment