Tuesday, October 8, 2013

GREEN EGGS AND HAMLET

a) I don't know too much about Hamlet, I know that "The Lion King" is supposed to be based from Hamlet. I feel like I should know more considering I've grown up in performing arts, but I'm excited to start Hamlet.

b) What I know about Shakespeare is that he considered one of the greatest play writers of all time, and I have read two of his works, Romeo and Juliet, and Julius Caesar. Romeo and Juliet is one of my favorite plays believe it or not.

c) I think the frown upon students when hearing the name Shakespeare comes from the fact that his work is known for being tough and hard to comprehend due to the very old language used. And lets face it when kids here they have to read a classic, especially one this famous and this old, they want to jump out their seats and get as far away from it as possible because they have no appreciation for this kind of work.

d) To make studying this play an amazing experience I think that we should to some sort of acting scenes out as a group and maybe even have to dress up as the characters or something. And we should definitely form a group and go see it when it runs at PCPA this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment